- Age 44 years
- Date of Birth 20th January 1977
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 14th January 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Moped
- Own car? None
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have a 35 years experience of horses since 5 years old. I have competed in all eventing disciplines at local level, gymkhana, owned ponies etc. All schooling/ gridwork. Backed and trained a Welsh sec A, and an Arabian mare. NVQ qualified at British Racing school Newmarket. Northern Racing school, Doncaster.
Worked on livery yard / riding school /Dressage /Showing / youngster training.
I have encountered many different horses/ Ponies over the years, all with very unique personalities. I have managed fearful horses, aggressive horses, cheeky horses, depressed horses, misunderstood horses, school masters/ mistresses. Ponies, horses in pain, hormonal mares, tense stallions, yearlings, 2 yr olds.
First Aid competent, fitting of tack/ artificial aids. I can and enjoy working horses in bitless. I can ride in spurs. I’m a very brave, calm light sensitive rider. Natural horsemanship.
I would say my key skills are with youngsters. studying early years equine behaviour really inspires me. I like to understand horses on an psychological level and enjoy the rapport and trust building. I possess a reputation within Equine friends of understanding horses that have various issues. I’m a very patient and calm person.
I enjoy show jumping and x country a great deal and I work well within a team and on my own initiative. I am competent in all yard duties, in plaiting and show turnout. Sensitive with handling youngsters and mares.
Non equine skills consist of fully IT literate, sales and finance approved & accredited. Customer service, business management. Managing an area and increasing business sales. Great organisational skills.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Mostly it’s the caring side. I have a deep rooted love for animals, especially horses. The countryside, and everyday is different. Learning new things all the time.
- My fitness and updating my exsisting knowledge
- I know the job. I’ve done the job before. I’m reliable and passionate. I take the responsibility of horses very seriously and care for them as if they were my own. 100% Dedicated.
In my next job I would like to further my experience. Affiliate in show jumping. Compete possibly. Learn polo. Further my knowledge in equine behaviour and psychology. Breeding/studwork
- I will need accommodation if not within 10 miles of home
- I have a 10 yr old jack x spaniel to bring. Very Well trained, in home and on yard.
- I have no on-going commitments.
- I have no holidays booked.