- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 26th May 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Oxfordshire, UK, Scotland, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 28th February 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term asap
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week preferable
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Rehabilitation, Retail, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am friendly, professional and hard working individual with many years horse care and riding experience both in the UK and the U.S.
My horse experience started at the age of 11 with attending a riding school once a week until the age of 13 when I began voluntary work at my local RDA until the age of 16. During this time I also started riding and caring for privately owned horses based on the outskirts of Edinburgh which I still do freelance for the owner currently. Duties include exercising ,grooming ,feeding , mucking- out, turning -out , tack cleaning and keeping the private ard clean and tidy at all times . This also provided me the opportunity to practice natural horsemanship techniques such as join-up (a particular area of interest with me ). The following 2 consecutive summers following high school I spent working in the U.S. at Camp Twin Creeks working as a horse staff team member / counsellor where I taught riding lessons , took care of 10 horses while assisting the head of horses in scheduling and teaching horse care & handling masterclasses for the kids .
The next 2 years I studied a foundation degree in Equine Science and Management at UWE Hartpury in Gloucestershire (I am currently taking a year off these studies- restarting September 2018) ,where I also rode and cared for privately owned horses alongside my studies which covered modules including advanced equitation, equine vet science and equine nutrition.
Currently I am looking for a position as a groom and rider either part time or full time putting the skills I already have in the equine industry to good use as I am passionate about maintaining high standards of equine care and professionalism and also developing my knowledge and skill base.
I enjoy working alone and working in a team, handling challenging situations and developing a horses progress. My non-equine skills I possess are in customer service , administration/PA/ secretarial, bar service , been developed in various other employment sectors such as office work , retail and sales,private animal care and in childcare both private and through organisations .
Strengths and Weaknesses
- The best part of working with horses for me is not only their tremendous beauty and power, but also the ir complexity and emotion intelligence and therapeutic qualities .
- I would love to further the skills I already have and gain new equine skills.
- Horses is my genuine love and passion meaning my hard working attitude with employers is reliable and I am eager to please.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to challenge myself while also allowing personal development on my equine related skills.
- Do you need accommodation?
I am currently based in outer -Edinburgh so do not require accommodation.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a family -owned black Labrador but she does not need to accompany me to work .
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Occasional babysitting (evenings only)
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?