- Age 60 years
- Date of Birth 12th May 1960
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Permanent
- Earliest start date 23rd January 2018
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term yes
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Ride, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I have been around horses since the age of 12 first of all helping at the local BHS riding school Park Farm in Northwood which was a big centre at the time. I then did the BHSAI at the age of 18 then became a joint head girl after 2 years and stayed here for a year or so. 1979-1982 Oxhey Grange School of Riding a small BHS approved riding/livery yard with a 2 day event horse and a dressage horse and show arabs as well as riding school horses mostly home bred part arabs/welsh.
I worked in varous BHS yards from 1987-1991
Patchetts Green, Ribblesdale Park, Alderborough Hall, South Medbourne, Rosehall Farm, Goulds Green, Jacks Riding School, Brawlings Farm, Stags Lodge, Trent Park, Shardoloes, etc doing freelancing at various times before and since coming back from Portugal.
In 1991 I worked in Portugal with dressage stallions at Morgado Lusitano helping gentle and groom the young horses and I got to ride the lusitano schoolmasters. I
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Learning new methods and handling/riding/lunging methods etc and being with the horses, caring for them.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My riding and knowledge
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am consciencious and kind.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Learn about dressage riding and grooming/schooling
- Do you need accommodation?
DEpends on location probably
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
My own horse but could stable locally if necessary or might loan out if necessary
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?