- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 14th August 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe, United States of America, Other
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Belgium, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cheshire, UK, Cotswolds, Derbyshire, UK, Dubai (UAE), France, Germany, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Herefordshire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, London, Northamptonshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Shropshire, UK, South Carolina, United States, Spain, Staffordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 8th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period One month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Rehabilitation, Retail, Showing, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am passionate about equestrianism, in particular the practical elements and would like to further develop my career in the equestrian industry . I am a highly motivated individual who is willing to work hard to pursue my goals. I am hardworking and complete every job to the best of my ability. I am reliable and can work in isolation and well within a team environment. I completed a Level Three Horse Care Management course at Moreton Morrell College during 2018, during the first year at college I began working on a racing yard where I started off completing general yard duties. I then progressed onto riding young colts and fillies up the gallops. I would ride out and complete general yard duties early in the morning before starting my day of lectures at college. I have also gained experience when working on a show jumping yard, where I would complete general yard duties and ensure each horse was cared for individually. I was able to gain experience in handling young stock and stallions. Prior to starting college I worked on two private yards on a voluntary basis where I fulfilled the role of completing general yard duties. I was also schooling and exercising a variety of horses over a 12 month period. During this time I also competed at many local show jumping, dressage and showing competitions on behalf of the owners. These voluntary roles helped me gain experience in relation to the responsibilities that are required when organising and managing a five stabled yard. This also enabled me to experience the speed and quality of care that is required when working in the equestrian industry when in sole charge.
I have also groomed for a local event rider, this job involved going to BE events with the horses, ensuring they were immaculately turned out. The job role enabled me to experience the fast procedures that are carried out after the cross country phase, so the horse’s health and well being is the main priority throughout the cooling off process. Another experience I gained when working with Lauren was the organisation and preparation that is carried out when preparing for an overnight competition.
I am currently employed by a local showing/hunting yard, this is a family run yard I enjoy the role, however I would like to experience working on a larger yard with a team and potential future progression.
- Attention to detail,
- Can use my own initiative
- Follow instructions
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses? – I most enjoy achieving the aims that you have strived towards and also the progression that can be made between a horse and rider. I also enjoy fulfilling the daily care that is required for the horses.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve? – I would like to expand on my current experience, I am keen to learn which then leads to improved self confidence.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? – I am passionate about equestrianism, in particular the practical elements and would like to pursue a career in the equine industry. I am a highly motivated individual who is willing to work hard to pursue my goals. I would also regard myself as a hardworking individual who completes every job to the best of my ability. I am a reliable individual who works well in a team and communicates with my peers.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job? – I would like to gain more experience and knowledge within the equestrian industry and become more confident to be able to challenge myself. Future career progression is important to ensure I am providing my employer the best service I can as an employee.
- Do you need accommodation?- Yes
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?- No
- Do you have any ongoing commitments? – Yes, currently have a job on a showing/hunting yard. However, I am looking to progress onto another job role.
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? – Yes