- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 11th April 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 23rd October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Racing Flat, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding since I was 3 years old so I have over 18 years experience. I have owned many horses, some competition horses and some with medical issues, unbroken, ex racers and retired ones.
I also have a level 2 horse care diploma.
I have worked on various yards from hunting, livery, riding schools, racing, dressage, eventing and a show jumping yard.
I have rode a variety of horses, I used to ride cross country and show jump but following an accident, I am re-learning how to jump. My instructor is helping me with this and build my confidence
I can work alone as long as I have a list of things that need to get done. I work well in a team completing tasks/jobs.
I have prepared and turned horses out for hunting/show jumping and local shows. I have clipped horses but I still need a bit of work. I know methods of restraint when it comes to clipping/Farrier and vets.
I can plait normally but I haven’t been taught how to do it with thread.
I have worked with youngsters and very nervous horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I love getting to work with various horses, and I love spending time with them, learning individual characters and getting to ride all types of temperaments.
- I would like to improve my jump skills, I can only jump tiny jumps (60cm) so far but I would like to progress.
- I should be considered by employers as I have plenty of equestrian experience and always willing to expand my knowledge about horses. I can bring a youthful and cheery disposition to any work place. I am willing to get my head down and get all jobs done.
- I would like to gain more experience and knowledge.
- I have a very cheeky, 22 year old cremello mare, she has two rotated pedal bones, EMS and melanomas. She’s under vet care. She doesn’t need to come with me if I live in as my mother cares for her.
- I have a full UK drivers license