- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 11th October 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 12th February 2018
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, Australian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
Working within the equine industry has taught me a lot and expanded my knowledge greatly, I have had opportunities to work with some top level horses along the way. I enjoy the daily care of the horses as well as riding and management side of the yards. Recently I have been Freelancing around my local area, including working for top level eventers and show jumpers, which has enabled me to see how different yards vary in their daily duties and care of their horses. Prior to this I had my own livery yard in Oxfordshire for 2 Years. This was a complete business venture which was both exciting and rewarding, I took on an empty yard and filled it with 14 happy clients. The horses at that yard varied from happy hackers to people that were regularly out competing, I also assisted the clients at their events if they wished. Running a livery yard taught me so much about dealing with the owners as well as the different horses I had in, enabling me to be a quick thinker and very adaptable. I really enjoyed carrying out the maintenance of the yard, including painting and repairing parts of the stable yard and the fencing and maintenance of the fields.
Ordering of feed, hay, bedding etc and organising/liasing with vets and farriers was also part of the duties.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I can turn my attention to anything at hand, I never like to leave something half done. Everything I try needs to be to a high standard!
I am very good at sole charge and using my own initiative to get things done. However I can also work as part of a team when required to strengthen my abilities with others.
I am experienced in clipping, plaiting, turnout – I can turnout a horse ready for top level competition.
I am a competant rider, have experience on youngsters through to schoolmasters, but I am always willing to learn.
I have experience working on farms, I was an assistant shepherd for a year which I enjoyed thoroughly and taught me a lot about management of land and the importance of good quality crop/grass production.
I also have office experience, having been in an administrative role for 18 months, this was dealing with all aspects of office work including, ordering, accounts, filing, dealing with clients etc.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the challenge and variation each task can bring, all horses are different and need a different approach.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my riding where possible
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am an extremely hard worker, I constantly strive to improve my skills and can see if there can be any improvement on the yard/area I am working on. I am self-motivated and use my own initiative to get jobs done.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to continue in more of a management role, as I feel I suit this better then a standard groom. I feel I am ready to progress into something slightly different to day to day care of the horses
- Do you need accommodation?
Not a priority, but would consider if there is accommodation available.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I do have my own horse, but she currently lives out
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?