- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 5th August 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cornwall, UK, Devon, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 3rd March 2018
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None, Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Clip, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Teach, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I started riding when I was a child, always owned horses, apart from now. I have about 4 years working experience with horses, including, riding schools and a rescue centre.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am good at working alone as well as within a team or leading a team. I’ve got a good eye so my trimming and clipping skills are good. I think I excel with handling difficult horses, as I am very patient and calming.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy rehabilitation, seeing a horse progress and improve is very rewarding.
I love working outside and getting stuck into the hard labour.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to improve on my riding and possibly teaching.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I work very hard, I’m not lazy. I have a huge love for horses, I am knowledgable in equine behaviour and modern/ humane training methods. And I have people skills, with a positive, enthusiast attitude.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like to learn and gain experience in different disciplines in the horse world I.e dressage, event yard. I’d like more responsibility or room for progression within the role.
- Do you need accommodation?
I would preferably but not essential.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I do have one small dog.
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?