- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 21st April 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region North Yorkshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st May 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with horses:
I worked on a yard in Yorkshire with 30 plus horses on for around 5 years. Working with happy hackers to eventers. I groom for a close friend of mine, this includes bathing, plaiting and turn out of her horse before attending the competition where I tack up, shout tests, clean tack, and turn out both horse and rider to a high standard.
I used to own my own horse until I unfortunately lost him 5 years ago. I enjoyed spending time with him even when he could not be ridden. I love being on the ground grooming, bathing, mucking out and general care for the horses. I then shared and brought on a horse with my friend who is 4yrs old and we got him going.
I also work at Bobbi’s horse camp four times a year, where I work as part of a team. Seven of us look after 40-50 campers and horses over three to four days. We work closely with keeping all horses fed, mucked out and happy whilst the horses and riders attend several lessons a day with top instructors at somerford Park.
I have recently got a new 4yr old gelding, working well on the flat and proving to be a fab jumper, I am enjoying bringing him on myself slowly and enjoy spending time on the ground with him and going for walks together in hand.
I work well under pressure, and I am able to apply myself to any situation in a calm and reasonable manner. I work well independently but also work well as team. I work to a high standard when turning out horses for a competition and take pride in making sure everything is organised and ready for the day of the competition. I can ride, lunge and exercise horses.
I am now currently training to be a small animal veterinary nurse, with the hopes to move onto large animals in the future. I have always had a passion for horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- I love working on the ground with the horses, as I enjoy the caring and personal side of being with horses.
- I would love to improve my plaiting to a high standard.
- I would love to be given the opportunity to work alongside a team with horses. I am the most hard working person and I enjoy a fast paced environment where I can improve my skills daily. I love being outside whatever the weather.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
- A chance to work alongside top horses and riders, whilst working in a close fun team.
- Do you need accommodation?
- No as I would like to stay at home if possible
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
- Yes – I have a horse
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?