- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 2nd June 2017
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills None, Bandage, Clip, Compete, exercisehack-out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, pull-manetail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been working in the equestrian sector since I was 7 years of age, I am now 19 and looking to further my career. Throughout my time I’ve owned a wide range of horses from thoroughbreds to warmbloods, having to break in and school myself to competing myself. I started off working at riding schools where I gained all my basic knowledge about the welfare of a horse. From there I worked at a couple of higher end yards I.e, livery/ competition yards before I went on to work at Summerhouse Equestrian Centre, which is where I passed a couple of my BHS stages, my riding road safety and a level 2 diploma in horse care and knowledge. I worked both on the riding school and competition yard. I worked with RDA, helping the disabled and pony club a lot of evenings. I would also have to turn out horses to the highest possible standered, and exercise/ warm up, ready for competitions. Also consisted of using a lot of massage therepy on these expensive horses. I’ve been out of the industry for about 10 months now and just looking to get back involved with what I love.
Turn out for shows, exercise, plait, clip, bandage, lunge etc..
I love working with horses as I am very passionate about the industry and always seem to feel calm and happy when around them.
I am particularly good at ground work with horses I always make sure everything I do is to the best of my ability. Always been told I have a lovely seat aswell when it comes to riding.
I am a very enthusiastic young individual that has a huge passion for horses. Also very outgoing friendly person who always seems to get on with everyone on a yard. I’m very serious about what I do so I make sure when it comes to the care of a horse I do my upmost best to make sure it’s all done correctly and safely.
- As I have a car accommodation is not neccasary.
- I don’t have any animals to bring with me but I would consider getting another horse again in the near future.
- I have no other commitments.
- I have no holidays booked as of yet, but I am planning to go away this year.