- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 5th September 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Derbyshire, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 26th August 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden horses since I was 4 years old, loaning my first pony at the age of 8. I worked on the yard where I kept my pony for around three years which included mucking out around 14 horses, bringing in and turning out, feeding, changing rugs and general grooming tasks. I have been competing my current pony for the last 4 years who I have brought on successfully.
i have also been a head groom on a small private dressage/event yard for the past year and a few months. This has included handling young horses, riding and hacking, all yard duties inc mucking out haynets water keeping yard looking immaculate, grooming and preparing horses to be ridden by top rider.
My key skills are calmness yet confidence when riding horses, I particularly enjoy and excell at bringing on horses as I throughly enjoy and take pride of seeing horses grow and progress. I have also been successful in handling all types of horses on the ground, I will always stay calm and aware when handling difficult horses. I also take pride when doing stable jobs, I have had over 10 years experience of taking part in all stable duties and I believe that I will muck out to a very high standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I most enjoy riding and producing horses and seeing how each horse can grow and improve both under saddle and on the ground as I find it extremely rewarding to see their progress.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to be able to improve my level of clipping and plaiting as I am able to do it but I haven’t had too much experience in that field. I believe that I can easily adapt and learn the skills required for me to improve on these tasks.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I am conscientious and I like to work hard with any horse even with quirks and I will not give up as I believe every horse has a chance. I am very hardworking as I have had horses for over 10 years and have rarely missed a day, furthermore this means that I am extremely reliable and punctual.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job? I would like to gain experience for future prospects I would also like to gain more knowledge within areas in which I am less confident. I would also like to be able to work with a wide range of different horses to widen my riding skills.
- Do you need accommodation?
Yes it not local to Warwickshire
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Dog and maybe horse
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
16th to 23rd of August