- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 14th December 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st December 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Anytime
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Category C
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), College, Dressage, Eventing, Foaling, Horse Transport, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
I have been around horses all my life, I had my own when growing up but the last twelve years I’ve been working with them.
I worked at a riding stables where I was assistant manager 2008-2010
I have worked as a freelance groom for 11 years
Dressage horses, eventing/ hunting horses, retired/ happy hackers and point to pointers.
I work both solely and occasionally with the owners.
I have to carry out the general duties at the yards day to day as well as organise deliveries, transport horses to appointments/ shows and ensure vets/ farriers/ dentists are booked in for routine appointments.
For the past 2 years I have been working as a Stud Groom I carry out Foaling, Mare, Stallion, Foal and Yearling Care, teasing, vet work, assisting with the farrier etc
National Stud in Newmarket
I have a range of skills, I’m happy to take sole charge and work alone (I do this most days). However I can also adapt and work well as part of a team.
I have experience with a range of horses, foals, young, retired, mares/ stallions.
Im very hardworking, organised and reliable.
I can carry out general yard duties as well as clip, plait, competition groom and transport them.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Horses are my passion, I strive to ensure they’re happy and well cared for – nothing is too much.
- I pay a lot of attention to detail
- Im hardworking, professional and reliable but most of all I love what I do
- I work exceptionally hard, love to keep busy and remain professional at all times.
- Im reliable, organised and happy to help.
- Full time/ Permanent
- Live in preferably