- Age 33 years
- Date of Birth 5th November 1987
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 12th January 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Currently in full time employment. Start date negotiable. 4 Week Notice period.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality New Zealander
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Highly knowledgeable professional with an array of skills, expertise and experience to offer and support your team and clientele. Competent to lead or work in sole charge and also enjoy working as part of a team, striving to create an environment to raise standards amongst the team and yard. Confident handling and riding a range of horses, equally sympathetic to each horse as an individual. Sound knowledge base in many spheres of equitation, therefore adaptable to many roles.
Currently a Senior Coach, Rider and Stable Manager at a leading BHS ‘Highly Commended’ Riding School, Livery Yard, Training and Examination Centre. As senior member of staff I have the following responsibilities:
• Coaching a variety of clients across all disciplines, delivering theoretical and practical lessons up to Stage 4.
• Delivering staff training and mentoring junior staff helping them to fulfil their potential.
• Coordinate aspects of competitions for all disciplines incl. course design for SJ competitions
• Trainee Judge for British Dressage Competitions and responsible for commanding BHS Exams.
• Responsible for BHS exam training up to Stage 4 and commanding exams held at the approved centre
• All normal daily yard duties: the routine of the horses, feeding schedules, exercise regimes and schooling horses
• Strengths: competition groom, turnout to a high standard, lunging, clipping, plaiting, managing the needs of stable/grass kept horses
Skills and Specialities
Regularly training with elite coaches, including an Australian 5 star eventer, FBHS and other BHS qualified coaches, improving my riding across all disciplines. Background riding and competing in New Zealand.
Responsible for the schooling of livery and riding centre horses. Sympathetic and competent rider, adapting to individual horses needs improving their way of going. Enjoy all disciplines of equestrian.
Ideally looking for a position with accommodation. Both DBS checked and fully First Aid and Safeguarding trained. No pets.