- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 14th July 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Essex, UK, Greater London, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 7th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding for 16 years and helped out at my riding school from a young age. I gained my BHS stage 1 while at school and completed my stage 2 whilst at Writtle college studying for my level 3 equine management diploma. I went on to do my apprenticeship at an RDA yard (Chigwell Riding Trust) to achieve my stage 3, here learning valuable skills such as clipping and improving my lungeing. After this I went on to work at a high end livery yard (South Medburn farm), this job gave me so much experience riding different horses with a lesson everyday and also teaching where I went on to get my stage 2 teach. I am now back at Chigwell RT where I’m a coach taking regular lessons and also in charge of the schooling of a pony for our para rider and accompanying her to shows. I am also taking a course with the Equine Behaviour Association that I will have completed by the end of this year. It is improving my ability to make the right decisions for the horse and hopefully use it in my career development.
I am good at working efficiently to a time schedule whilst paying attention to detail, taking a lot of pride in my work. I am patient with the horses and like to understand their individual personalities and needs to better care for them. I ride in a quiet, sympathetic manor always trying to improve the horse within its capabilities.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- I work well with a routine but will always try to adapt and change things to benefit my employers and their horses.
- I like building bonds with the animals as well as always putting their health and needs first.
- Open to learning new things and improving my work all the time.
- I would like to keep improving my riding so I am able to ride more advanced horses if needed.
- I am keen to allows improve my knowledge on how to best care for horses. (Improving this with my behaviour course)
* I would like to live with my partner so if there is not shared accommodation then I will happily find somewhere offsite.
- I have my own horse, she is not ridden as she has arthritis, There is a possibility of keeping her where she is now (Stondon Massey, Brentwood). If she was to come with me she would make a good companion as she can live out during the day or over night. I tend to bring her in overnight (especially in winter) as she struggles to keep weight on.
- No holidays booked.