- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 5th June 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 30th June 2018
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Polo, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
3 years part time weekend work at TB stud and 5 years full time experience working in many different disciplines. Mainly polo and eventing.
Despite working mainly in polo and eventing I have also got experience with backing and breaking as well as hunters and caring for Full and part livery horses from different backgrounds and requirements. Whilst working full time I have also competed other people’s horses in showing and endurance and proved to be very successful.
I have worked as part of a team as well as working solo, both enjoyed but team work preferred.
Throughout working life I have also cared for my own horses of which are competed in many disciplines but are mainly for hunting.
Growing up with horses has also meant that I have had access to many different types of horses from all sorts of backgrounds and behaviours therefore I feel that I can understand many situations and apply appropriate skills that are needed.
Currently full time on a well known TB stud.
working alone and working with others. Communication with other colleagues and employers, general administration e.g booking farriers/vets , ordering feed etc
Clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows/hunting/polo/dressage.
Handling/riding young horses particularly thoroughbreds.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Seeing and end result in the job that you are doing whether it be a good or bad outcome, I love working towards a goal.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My riding skills and refine myself in a discipline.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a hard working and enthusiastic groom that always puts the horses first no matter what the situation and I love to please.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to refine my most liked area of horses which is Stud work and become fully established within that sector.
- Do you need accommodation?
Yes accommodation preferred but happy to travel within my local area
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
1 well behaved whippet, however if no accommodation can be left at home.
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
1 personal horse currently on livery.
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?