- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 4th January 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 20th June 2018
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Two weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Family Yard, Foaling, Polo, Rescue, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Previous experience includes four weeks club level polo grooming as well as volunteering at an inner city riding school where the main focus was teaching young children the basics of horse care and welfare.
I have been riding regularly for around two years after discovering a passion for horses through polo.
Highly motivated individual with great attention to detail and pride in what I do.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- I have always been intrigued by horse but never had the chance as a child to fully immerse myself in the world of horse riding and care. I was not until I went to University and I was given the opportunity to try out polo that I realised a passion for horses and the sport. After investing more time in training and playing polo I realised the importance of horsemanship and so began seeking opputunites to learn more about horse care and welfare as well as the role of a groom.
- I have basic knowledge of tack but this in mainly limited to polo. I am keen to learn and enjoy applying myself to new opportunities.
- What I lack in specific experience I would hope to make up for in enthusiasm to learn driven for my passion for horses. I am a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic. I also work well within a team and thrive independently.
- I am looking for more experience handling and caring for horses, I would particularly enjoy an opportunity that could offer the chance to work with mares and foals.
- I am currently seeking live-in positions but would consider live-out if located in or around Newcastle or Liverpool.
- Do you have any ongoing commitments? I am currently a member of the Army Reserves and would hope to continue this if possible but this shouldn’t interfere with employment as training is as and when I am able to attend.
- I am looking for opportunities that start after 20th June as I am currently at University.