- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 30th September 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hertfordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 31st July 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Early June-Late september
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I have been involved with horses all my life. As a young teenager I was particularly interested in showjumping, and while living abroad I brought on my young horses in this discipline. More recently, however, I have focussed on dressage, and have trained my own horse (who was not bred for dressage) from preliminary to BD advanced medium over several years, currently training at PSG level.
I have experience working as a groom on a professional dressage yard, where I was a member of a team and when needed, was left responsible. References can be provided.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am able to carry out all standard yard duties to a high standard, and I am able to plait. I have a relaxed and friendly character and enjoy working as part of a team, but am able to work individually when required.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I most enjoy getting to know the horses I am working with, so that they can be treated as individuals. I also particularly enjoy riding and helping the horses to progress through their training.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like like to learn to clip, and potentially gain further experience grooming at competitions. I don’t have much recent experience lungeing, but with some guidance would be able to pick it back up quickly.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am dependable, enthusiastic and easy to work with, and I always bring a positive attitude.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like a job as a groom, ideally involving some riding.
- Do you need accommodation?
As long as relatively local to St Albans, Herts, I will not need accommodation.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No, but if there is the option to bring own horse I might consider this.
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I will be going back to university at the end of September.
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?