- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 14th March 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Lancashire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 12th December 2019
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term December 2020, January, May - September, part time throughout the year
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’ve worked with horses for 14 years and have completed a Level 2 Equine Apprenticeship (Equivalent to a BHS Stage 2 Certificate) on a large livery yard of 53 horses. I have worked and managed day to day running on 4* and a 5* eventing yards and worked with young and troubled horses to break in, school and retrain them. I was also a groom on a full livery yard that hosts a wide range of affiliated and unaffiliated shows all year round and stand in for the head girl on her days off.
I have schooled youngsters and newly broken stallions and have experience in competing in dressage to novice level, show jumping to 1.10m (I have schooled over 1.30m) and eventing at BE100 (schooled over 1.10m cross country fences).
I completed a week’s work experience on an Olympic eventing yard and a Hanoverian stud yard caring for the dams and foals and know that I am comfortable in both environments.
I have worked alone on a 4* yard and in a team on a multitude of yards and am comfortable and confident in both atmospheres although I do prefer to work in a team; as well as this I remain calm and focused in stressful situations. I love schooling youngsters and watching them develop over time but as well as that I enjoy working with stallions both on the ground and riding and use natural methods to encourage horses to want to work and to enjoy working. I muck out to a high standard and always keep my work areas clean and safe. I also have experience handling a wide range of horses from fit eventers to excitable young stock and am confident with difficult and troubled horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
What enjoy the most about working with horses is watching not only the horses and myself develop and improve mentally and physically but also helping the yard to improve and knowing that I contributed to that. I also complete all of my tasks to a high standard and take pride in my work and if I ever have free time I will search for something else to do or find someway to help out the team I am on.
My main weakness is that I can get too attached to extra tasks given to me and I can sometimes over work myself or work beyond stated hours until I think that my work is good enough; I don’t compromise my other jobs and my main duties will always be completed on time.
I am a dedicated and loyal employee who always wants to not only improve herself and the horses but also the yard. I take great pride in not only my own work but my team’s work as well knowing that even if I just helped to do something as simple as keeping moral high that I’ve helped my team.
I am currently a student at the University of Salford so would only be looking for seasonal jobs as I have long breaks throughout the year with only 24 weeks being used for lectures. Due to how my university is adapting to Covid I will free to work through December and January, and May to September as it currently stands although I do only have classes three times a week for a few hours so could work part time at any point in the year depending on location.