- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 18th January 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Devon, UK
- Job Category Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Not currently employed
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’m an 19 year old female. I’ve just completed two years at bicton college, studying equine care and riding. I have left college with both a level two and three extended diploma. I’m a hard working and dedicated person with strong team skills and can work as an individual easily too. My passion is horses, and has been since the age of 5, so I’m determined to get a job where I can improve both my riding skills as well as horse care skills. I would describe myself as eager to learn as well as eager to help others. I’m a hard worker, and aspire to be good at what I do.
For work experience, I did a week at Tim Cheffing’s yard. He is an international eventer based in devon. I started at 7.30 in the morning and finished around 5. I was involved in mucking out, skipping out, grooming, taking horses on and off the walker, as well as exercising them. I hacked twice during the week and schooled three times. Throughout the week i improved my ability to work as part of a team as well as work as an indivual and my riding improved massively.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I seem to get on well with children and animals. I can work alone or in a team, I was taught at college how to act around a young horse, I’ve been around a lot of competition horses, I can get nervous around some fiesty or grumpy horses but apart from that, I’m very confident. I can lunge, school, jump, do small XC jumps, long rein and free school.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the things you get out of it, a bond between you and the horse and you can see the improvements the horse is making. For me, working with horses can be relaxing.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I want to improve my confidence around the tricky horses and improve my riding, especially jumping, as I had a nasty fall that landed me straight in hospital.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m willing, very hard-working, and very determined to achieve at a very high standard. I accept my mistakes if I make any and learn from them. I’m always looking to please anyone, weather it be my boss, a horse, or another worker. I’m able to have a laugh with people and usually get on with a lot of people.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I want to be able to work in a high competition yard, weather it be riding or a groom for someone.
- Do you need accommodation?
Yes if its not in my area
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Possibly own horse and dog
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?