- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 15th November 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Hampshire, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 30th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have years of experience in many different areas of the horse world including polo, dressage, hunting, racing, pony club, showing and eventing. I have worked at many different family homes as well as a show production yard where I gained my original experience handling and riding stallions, dealing with the sole charge of the horses and ponies care and work and also teaching when the owners are around. I have also experienced running my own yard producing show ponies and breaking and schooling.
I believe my strong points are mainly schooling and producing young horses, turning out to a very high standard for shows, being adaptable to working alone or as a team and also using my initiative to make sure the small or usually forgotten jobs are completed, I will always go the extra mile to ensure things run smoothly
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I particularly enjoy watching the horses and riders that I am working with progress and most of all are enjoying their time together.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve? I have only fairly recently started clipping so I would aim to shorten the time it takes me to clip whilst keeping to a high standard.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I believe I would be a good candidate as I am very hardworking, easy to get along with and I have a real passion for horses meaning they are always looked after impeccably whilst in my care.
- In my next job I am ideally looking for either a family home with a variety of horses or ponies or a more admin based role as I would love to put my admin and equine experience together. Although these sort of positions are what I am mainly looking at, I would be interested to work in different areas of the industry.
- I am not looking for a live in position due to personal circumstances, so the position would need to be within an hours drive from Amesbury, Wilts.
- I would like the opportunity to be able to bring my horse with me but this is by no means essential.
**Available for Christmas Cover***