- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 23rd March 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 28th April 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term whenever.
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period no
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I gained most my experience and knowledge working for Rodney Powell at the age of 17. I also have experience working at top busy event yards in Germany with Julia Mestern. I have ridden since the age of 3 and Evented all my life – I currently compete at intermediate/3* with my two horses. I gained most of the Pony Club achievement badges and had my C+ test.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
My best skill would probably be riding, I can exercise any type of horse, with experience backing, breaking and rehabilitating, specialising in youngsters.
I have great turn out skills, I can plait, clip to a high standard.
I can work either by myself or with others easily – I am self motivated so no matter what I make sure a task is done regardless.
Great organisation and communication skills, time keeping and efficiency.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
- The sense of achievement when the horses are happy and well looked after.
- A very rewarding job if done properly
- The people you meet throughout the industry
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
- I would love to get my HGV Licence one day.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
- I have always been surrounded by horses, so I have a great understanding of how they work and their characteristics. I am also a rider not just a groom so i could have some input from that degree if needed, and as a rider I have high expectations myself of how I like my own horses to be looked after and therefore I could bring that forward to the job.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
- would love to gain more contacts throughout the industry, travel to international shows.
- Do you need accommodation?
- Preferably yes but not essential
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
- 1 dog – very lovely and easy going
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- I do event myself so would need to be flexible around my events. 1/2 weekend days a month
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
- not yet