- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 30th September 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Lancashire, UK, Somerset, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st February 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Any
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’m an enthusiastic and hard working individual with many years of experience dealing with a variety of horses and atmospheres, from riding school through to competition. I have been working full time in the equine industry for the past 8 months, however have around 10 years experience with horses, from lessons, volunteering, college and also ownership. Previously I have competed in a variety of dressage, showing and eventing and have also played a groom’s role at these events so am used to plaiting and general turnout. I always take great pride in my work and my real passion for horses always helps me work hard to ensure they are kept to the highest of standard, whether it be in the stable, field or competition, both care and turnout wise.
I have completed my level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management and have also done my BHS Progressive Riding Test. More recently I was working towards taking some lessons at a riding school, gaining experience and tips of teaching, with the hopes to help give me skills to further down the line take more BHS exams.
In terms of exercise, I have a lot of experience with lunging and am comfortable and knowledgeable on many of the training aids. Riding wise, I am a quiet rider who always tries to ride the horse to get the best out of them and have a basic knowledge of riding on the flat including lateral work. I’m always keen to learn and will take every opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience.
Along with this, I have experience with sole care of horses and have often been trusted with taking care of other peoples when they have been away on holiday, to which on return they have been impressed with the level of care for their horse. I am competent at working both in a team and individually and am capable of using my own initiative and working confidently through tasks.
Team work – happy to work in a team and can adapt to take on both a leadership and team player role dependent on situation.
Responsible – put in charge of caring for horses solely whilst owners have been away on holiday.
Sympathetic – able to adapt and change to suit the situation with the correct level of care, attention and reaction.
Hard working – always looking for extra work, efficiency and effectively working through tasks to a high and professional standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
What I enjoy about working with horses most is the practicality, I thrive off of having lots to do and this makes me motivated and passionate to complete my work to the highest standard.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my general yard working skills, as although I have a fair amount of experience, I know that I have areas to improve upon to enable me to fulfill my ability in the equestrian world.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m a passionate and hard working individual and will turn my hand to any task. When working I always wear a smile and will go out of my way to ensure what I’m doing is to the best possible standard I can achieve, this has always been picked up on by previous employers.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’m looking for a grooms job and am happy to do anything although I would like to be given the opportunity to have some progression within the job so as I can show my worth as a team member when caring for horses.
- Do you need accommodation?
I do not need accommodation as I’m looking for work locally