- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 9th October 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Kent, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 30th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I began working on a privet yard at around 15 years old, my duties included exercising young fit horses, maintaining fences and general yard duties; this was an ideal role for me as I was able to take sole charge and find a suitable routine to suit the yard. However, I left this position to begin studying at Hadlow College where I completed level 1, 2 and 3 Diploma in Horse Management. While studying at Hadlow I achieved BHS stage 1 ride and care, BHS stage 2 ride and BHS as well as ride and road safety; undertaking these courses helped me learn to exercise do diligence when exercising horses. While at Hadlow College I completed daily duties as well as internal and external work experience, whilst on work experience I undertook general yard duties and turned out several horses to a good standard. Since this time i have worked at a bespoke dressage yard and undertook basic yard maintenance and general yard duties as well as show preparation which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I’m a keen rider but am also able to lunge, free school and long rein to a high standard and am confident when using different training aids and assessing when each is necessary. When working on a yard, I am happy to work alone or with other team members; however I am able to take sole charge and use my initiative to complete all tasks at hand. Other Key skills include; turning out to high standard, hacking. schooling, mucking out, grooming, clipping, trimming,, plaiting, bathing, yard maintenance, tractor driving, arena harrowing, pop picking, ragworting, tack fitting, administration of medication and daily health checks.
Strengths and Weaknesses
When working on the privet yard, I used to enjoy finding different methods of habituating youngstock to everyday items and ‘scary’ items. Working with youngstock has always been my passion, I enjoy seeing how their minds work and learning new techniques to handle individuals.
When working with youngstock I’d like to develop my current skills and learn alternative methods of youngstock management. During my time at Hadlow College I spent a lot of time studying equine behaviour and relating it to welfare, this is something I’d like to continue to explore.
I have always been dedicated to horses and am determined and self-motivated when in a working environment. I enjoy physical challenges and have often been known as the team member to go to when core strength is needed for a task ie the annual mucking out of field shelters, hay carting and cleaning out deep litter beds.
- What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to achieve my stage 3 ride however this is not essential. I am interested in gaining knowledge and experience within my next role.
- Do you need accommodation
Location dependent I may need accommodation.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?