- Age 52 years
- Date of Birth 3rd June 1968
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hampshire, UK, Surrey, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 10th January 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Available
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Racing Flat, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I’ve worked with racehorses and competing horses for 35 years. I’ve ridden work with all the top jockeys in england and I also rode work for Bart Cummings in Sydney Australia.
More recently I have been riding freelance for people to help school or exercise their horses during the week. I have retrained ex racehorses to Showjumper, XC and schooled flatwork. I have also backed and trained show jumpers up to going to their riders to compete. In Newmarket I worked for Luca Cumani and Mark Tompkins, I have also done the foal sales at tattersalls the last two years for Norlands stud and Overbury Stud. I have worked in livery yards as well as private family yards.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am able to do all of the above. Having worked and grown up in professional yards both in Newmarket, Sussex and in Australia I’ve covered pretty much everything at some point.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy their trust in us and their willingness to please. If we take the time to listen to them they will give you all they have. A happy horse is a winning horse and I always try to put their needs first. The love you give will be rewarded tenfold.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I feel we can never stop improving and learning. Every new challenge and animal will teach us something new.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am dedicated, reliable and committed to my work. My work ethic is professional and organised. I treat all the animals with sensitivity and patience to achieve trust and performance from each individual. I’m able to work alone happily or within a team.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
A loyalty and commitment to improving the horses in my care
• Do you need accommodation?
Do not need accommodation
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No animals to bring
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
i have my own horses to do morning and evening I can fit them around work
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
no holiday booked at present