- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 18th September 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Bedfordshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, London
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 7th September 2018
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Riding School, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Work (much unsupervised and on my own initiative) on a Livery Yard and Riding School has included:
- Teaching lessons, both group and private, including special needs adults and children
- Taking out hacks
- Providing livery services
- Care of horses of all ages and temperament, from new born foals to elderly horses
- Backing and breaking (including own horse and pony), at least 25 horses and ponies
- Bringing on young, newly backed horses including up to jumping
- Re-schooling of horses for owners (including those that had become difficult)
- Re-schooling riding school horses
- Care and rehabilitation of injured and sick horses (including being present at euthanasia)
- Helping, supervising and teaching members of Kim’s Equestrian Pixie Club (all under 18)
- Attending visits from the vet, dentist, physio and farrier
- Rasping unshod horses – taught by a Farrier
Patient, kind but firm when necessary, I have experience of schooling a range of horses of all temperaments, including thoroughbreds, a Lipizzaner and a Friesian.
I have also won ridden showing and show jumping classes for owners. I like to do cross-country when I can.
Prior to 2014 I competed on the more lively riding school horses and won numerous classes.
In 2013 – 2014 I worked and competed on my own ex-racer thoroughbred. However, he had to be PTS due to inflamed bowel disease.
In early 2015 I backed and trained my young appaloosa mare to jump. At the end of that Summer Season we were the Dacorum and District Riding Club Show Jumping Champions – the first time this award was made.
We have qualified for the Chiltern & Thames Rider Championships twice.
Show Jumping & Cross Country
Working unsupervised, alone or as part of a team
Backing, riding young horses
Schooling and re-schooling difficult horses
Strong communication skills, including managing difficult customers
Delivering services to a high standard
Strengths and Weaknesses
I just love working with horses and would appreciate the opportunity to improve in all areas. There’s always something new to learn.
In my next job I would like the opportunity to do more competition riding.
I am not necessarily looking for a job with accommodation. However, depending on the location I may wish to bring my horse and pony with me.
I am currently freelancing with a Dog Walking organisation, but out of respect for the owner I would like to give him two weeks notice of leaving.
I have no holidays booked at the present time.
- I love all animals (my ambition is to have pygmy goats one day) – we have a dog, feral rescue cats and rabbits at home
- Appearing in Amateur Pantomime
I have a full, clean driving license and my own car. My family also owns a 7.5 tonne horsebox, which my mother drives for me. I aim to get my HGV license eventually.