- Age 34 years
- Date of Birth 23rd June 1986
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Stud, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Belgian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have traveled many places to become a professional in the horse world. From the sandy planes of the puszta in Hungary (http://homokilodge.com/), the wild coast in South Africa (http://www.wildcoasthorsebackadventures.com/) to the capital of horses: Golegã in Portugal (www.equiliberdade.com), the Californian Riviera (http://santabarbarastables.com) and now back home working as a trainer with Arabian horses in Belgium; I was always inspired and amazed by the many ways of working with horses, the difference in horse breeds and the styles of riding. I have learned from each single place about horses and myself. I love nothing more then to be challenged!
I came in contact with Classical Dressage in Portugal and it stimulated me to master my riding skills and keep on improving. I also work particularly well on the ground with horses, I really enjoy work at liberty. I have gathered experience handling stallions and youngsters and can handle their temperaments with ease and direct them towards better behavior. I can connect with all kinds of horses. Hacking out/trailing is something I do with great confidence. Furthermore, I would say my eagerness to learn is my biggest asset. Last but not least, I do everything with a lot of enthusiasm and a positive mindset!
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Feeling the connection with horses, both improving and achieving goals (every time a small step forward, once in a while a step back and when lucky a big leap), becoming one with nature.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I always love to improve my riding and handling of horses, it will be a neverending journey.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
My Natural Horsemanship outlook gives me a special edge, I can handle a lot of responsibility, I work well independently as in a team, I am a kind, polite and open person who can deal very well with customers.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Have the possibility to improve my riding, advance my skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Yes, but have a short notice period.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?