- Age 34 years
- Date of Birth 18th February 1986
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Essex, UK, Greater London, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, London
- Job Category Freelance, Part Time
- Earliest start date 9th August 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Can be discussed
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Home Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Czech
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
Many years of working within competition and private yards as well as commercial livery yards and riding schools. Looking to add a few half days/one full day to my freelance schedule – preferably at a competition or private yard where exercise riding is available. 100% reliable with mature approach and can do attitude.
Over the last few years I have mostly focused on coaching – teaching all levels of riders (private or group lessons). I have BHSAI and am keen to train further if there in a possibilty to obtain further qualifications or to get lessons every now and then.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am happy to work alone or in a small team. I have many years of experience of sole charge so you can be confident to leave me on the yard with no supervision and get all jobs done to the highest standard. The welfare of the horses is my utmost priority. I am used to dealing with fit competition horses and am a confident rider who is more than happy to help with schooling or exercising.
Classically-minded instructor able to teach all abilities of riders, passionate about delivering engaging lessons and teaching correct technique.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I have always loved horses and I get the most satisfaction from seeing them happy and well looked after. I enjoy the fact that I never stop learning as there is always something to improve on. I love building a partnership with the horse and understanding their little quirks.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to learn more about how to set up a long term training plan for a horse and also how to correctly rehabilitate horses after injuries or incorrect riding. I have had some exposure to this but the more horses I get to work with (on and off the ground) the more knowledgeable I would become.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am committed to being the best horse person I can be. Despite having significant experience within the horse industry in different countries, I am always willing to take feedback on board and learn. They will get a dependable individual who takes pride in their work and has no aspiration to get involved in yard politics.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to improve as a rider and trainer so a smaller set up where I would be able to get an insight into training would be ideal. I am happy to teach, ride as well as to get involved in stable duties. Although due to past injury I am not looking for a job where mucking our more than 5 stables is required.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Yes, I am studying at RVC hence only looking for casual work/part-time hours. I can be however very felxible with my schedule.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
None at the moment.