- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 9th July 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK, West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Not applicable
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None, Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I’ve ridden since I was 6, and have loaned and shared horses as well as worked on a hunt yard/riding school for 3 years. I offer plaiting services, clipping, show turnout, bandaging. I have knowledge of first aid and all general care of horses. I offer groundwork to riding work for those looking to either get their horses in shape or looking to gain manners on the ground.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I adapt to my work environment quickly. I can work alone or as part of a team. I’m a people person and speaking to team members and clients alike is something I always enjoy. I can ride young horses, old horses stallions and stubborn mares. I like to think of myself as a gentle rider and like to build up trust with the horses i work with. I can clip/ plait and groom for show turnout. I have an eye for spotting mistakes and rectifying them making my work clean, tidy and one of a kind. Not only do I have the skills to work in almost any horse profession, but I will always apply myself 110% to make sure the job I am doing is done impeccably.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Learning their individual quirks and expanding my knowledge of them as well as giving all the cuddles and scratches they need!
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My knowledge of horses is something I’m always improving on. I would like to compete and expand my knowledge in that area as a rider, not just a groom.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m easy to teach and I learn fast. I’m great at interacting with others and working as part of a team and am dedicated and hard working. I follow instructions well and learn from any mistakes I make. I’ve got experience and a serious passion for horses. I truly believe that they can be our best teachers.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like to work as a groom or rider.
• Do you need accommodation?
Locally no. Further away, yes.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No I don’t.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?