- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 18th April 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 23rd September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Immediate
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses and ridden all my life, they are my absolute passion. I am happy handling all types of horses from young stock to fit competition horses and stallions. I have two horses on DIY livery of which I am responsible for their total care and welfare. I have a Level 3 Diploma in Equine Management and enjoy all aspects of care and training horses. I have my BHS Ride and Road Safety and am in the process of applying for direct entry to my Stage 3. I can school (jump and flatwork) to a high standard and understand how to ride in a correct contact using the necessary aids. I have previously taken part in all pony club activities, shown (inhand and ridden) and evented for fun. I am currently training dressage elementary/medium movements at home. My veterinary experience with small animals has given me a very good attention to detail which proves very helpful when health problems arise in horses. I have worked in livery, competition, private family and riding school environments. Dealing with owners and clients in a professional manner.
* Teaching riders of all ages and abilities, including RDA
*All yard duties and complete care
*Management; structuring exercise regimes, lessons, dietary requirements etc
*Clipping (I run my own clipping services)
*Competition grooming to include plaiting
*Working with VIP clients, children and the disabled in a professional manner
*Handling and riding all types of horses to a high standard
*Working in a team and sole charge
*Self motivated with a strong work ethic
*Previous veterinary experience with a good attention to detail
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The reward from helping both people and horses.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’m happy with my current riding ability, but always room for improvement.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I always work to the best of my ability and give 100% to any task given.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
The opportunity to teach and possibly help with my BHS exams.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, but would consider if necessary.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No, but if a good opportunity would consider bringing horse.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Two horses of my own.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?