- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 10th August 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region South Yorkshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 3rd November 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showing, Show Jumping, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Teach, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Currently studying an Equine Science and Management Foundation Degree. Studied at college (Level 3 Advanced Extended Diploma (1080)). Worked at my local riding school where I volunteered for 3 years and learnt to ride at. When I was younger I attended pony club and I am currently part of the BHS with my Stage 1 and 2.
I have previously worked successfully as part of a team but can also adapt to handle the yard on my own. I enjoy preparing horses for presentation and helping with the process if fitness, including lunging. I achieved a distinction in my riding at college as well as my overall grade. Although I do not have a great deal of experience working with young horses, this is something I would like to aspire to. I deal with customers on a regular basis. This includes both children and adults. I have my own car so will be able to travel if needed. I am currently living in accommodation at university (York) during term times and home (Newcastle) in the holidays.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy all aspects of working with horses but inevitably my favourite part is riding. The welfare of the animal is highly important to me and I find this an interesting subject of learning.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am always looking to learn different techniques to add to the knowledge I already have. I am looking forward to working in other yards to see how tasks are done elsewhere.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
The university course I have chosen to do shows a clear indication of what I am passionate about. I am willing to learn all aspects of horse management and my course gives me a good foundation point. I am personable and able to get on with everyone I meet.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I want to be able to put my college qualifications in to practice to help me gain experience and knowledge, which will help me in university.
• Do you need accommodation?
I’m currently in uni halls and during Easter and Christmas I’ll be at home. If I was required during these times accommodation would be necessary.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Currently studying my first year of two at university.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?