- Age 44 years
- Date of Birth 23rd December 1975
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region North Yorkshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 20th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t, Category C1
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have 40 years experience with horses I started riding at the age of 2 and had my own pony by the age of 3. I started showing and by the time I was 11 I was hooked on show jumping which then progressed to one day eventing at the age of 16 I competed at novice level in affiliated events. I have been running my own yard of 5 horses alongside my full time job for the last 20 years I compete in affiliated Dressage, unaffiliated show jumping and I have just taken up side saddle again.
I have worked on event and show jumping yards where I was in sole charge of up to 15 horses. As well as looking after them at home I travelled and groomed at 4*star 3 day events with the eventers and also major shows both in England and abroad with the show jumpers.
I also worked for Manchester police as a groom for the police horses.
Although I have been working in an office environment for the last 18years I have always worked with my own competition horses.
I studied Advanced Diploma in Equine and Business studies at Bishop Burton College and also gained my Assistant Instructors qualification.
I am happy to work in a team or on my own I am very easy to get on with and have a can do attitude.
I am an excellent time keeper and extremely loyal to my employer.
I turn all horses out to a very high standard including plaiting, clipping, pulling mane and tail making sure all the tack and equipment are spotless and safety checks each time I clean it.
I am happy to muck out sweep the yards making sure everywhere including tack rooms are clean and tidy.
I am used to monitoring feeding and changing it in line with the requirement of the individual horse.
I have a vast amount of experience in dealing with all types of competition horses including stallions.
I am an excellent record keeper for vaccination, shoeing, dentist, worming, vets visits, stud records etc.
I am a very patient person and love to learn I also love to pass on my knowledge in training other people.
I am used to doing entries both online and manually and also making travel arrangements.
I currently drive my 7.5 tonne wagon on a regular basis I would be willing to take my HGV if needed.
I am very computer literate I use word and excel on a regular basis along with various accountancy packages I can also use social media and update websites.
I have excellent people skills and I am used to dealing with clients over the phone and face to face.
First aid at work certificate held
Strengths and Weaknesses
I love working with any horse I take my time to get to know each horse individually so I know instantly if there is anything wrong and also the horse builds up an relationship with you and learns to trust you. I always have the horses welfare as my first priority.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve on?
I would like to have the opportunity to expand on my knowledge of show jumping
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a mature experienced horse person looking for a permanent long term role. I am used to travelling long distances in to my place of work never missing a day due to bad weather.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to be yard manager for my next role .
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have an 11 year old son but I have child care 100% covered
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of