- Age 35 years
- Date of Birth 26th September 1985
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Channel Islands, Devon, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 5th October 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Please enquire
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Hunting, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have over 12 years experience working with horses in a variety of genres from polo to 4* eventers and hunters. During this time I have worked both in England, Australia and New Zealand. I have ridden all my life and competed casually in showjumping (ponies) and local hunter classes.
I am confident riding fit competition horses and youngsters. I am also small/light enough to ride ponies.
I am organised, efficient and competent and happy to take sole charge.
Calm under pressure. I thrive on a fast paced dynamic job.
I have very high standards of turnout and yard presentation. I can ride, clip, plait, lunge and lead multiple horses at the same time for exercise (polo).
I am also confident with young horses having helped retrain multiple 2/3 yr old off the track horses to polo.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I really enjoy the variety of work that working with horses allows. I take great satisfaction in my horses and they give me so much pleasure to see them competing and living their best lives.
I also like that two days are never the same and the opportunities that are provided such as travel are unprecedented.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve upon various skills I have learnt, such as veterinary care as well as taking my riding experience further. I would love to try my hand at breaking/pre-training as this is such a valuable skill to build upon.
I am also keen to branch out into different equestrian sectors and take on more of structural role in an organisation.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I should be considered above other job seekers as I am hardworking, trustworthy, conscientious and open to learning new techniques and methods. I also am very empathetic and able to pick up on problems or feelings from both horses and people. I like to maintain a harmonious environment for all.
I also have a good sense of humour, with an upbeat personality but with a calm attitude to life.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more knowledge and add to my experience. I am keen to try new disciplines such as stud work or racing. I do however want to progress up the levels and move away from being a head groom into more managerial roles with more responsibility.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
No ongoing commitments
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?