- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 9th June 1991
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Rutland, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st April 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Various
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’ve have been around horses since I was 4 volunteering at a riding school and from the age of 14 at an Arabian stud.
I completed a national award in horse management course at Brooksby Melton College. Where I also completed a NVQ2 in horsecare and BHS Stage 1 care and riding.
I then went on to a 9 week apprenticeship at the National Stud followed by a 10 month placement on a thoroughbred stud where I was offered a permanent position following my training.
Since then I have worked on studs, livery yards, competition yards and a riding school. I also briefly worked at a pet shop and ran my own pet sitting business.
I work well within a team or on my own initiative.
I am confident in handling a wide range of horses from foals to competition horses and stallions.
Very organised and I take pride in my work.
Strengths and Weakness
I have always loved being around horses whether that’s caring for them or riding. I’ve never imagined doing anything other than working in the equine industry. I look after and love any animal in my care like my own.
Having been hacking only for the last few years I would love to get back into schooling and bringing on inexperienced and young horses.
I have a very good understanding of natural horsemanship and would love to expand my knowledge and understanding of horse behaviour within a professional yard.
I am also very interested in fostering foals, having unfortunately experienced this on a few occasions both helping and organising, I enjoyed being part of bringing some happiness to the mare and foal after suffering a loss
I am a very hard worker. Very trustworthy and happy to be left as a home groom or sole charge.
I’m a very quiet and kind handler, I can gain nervous horses trust but can also control more bolshy horses without a heavy hand.
Always happy to try new things and new experiences and I’m a quick learner.
I would love to get back onto a competition yard one that has a couple of foals a year would be perfect! I work best on my own or within a small friendly team.
Ideally would like to bring my dog (Vizsla, neutered male) but not essential if part time and local to Peterborough