- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 25th May 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Germany
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 15th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? None
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Stud, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, Spanish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
- Owned and taken care of show jumping horse.
- Handling foals and youngsters and getting them used to human contact and voice commands.
- Getting youngsters ready to be sent to be backed.
- Knowledge in backing and training youngsters.
- Teaching young horses to jump.
- Done various show jumping competitions.
- Teaching non-experienced kids and adults the basisc care of a horse and the principles of riding.
- Taking non-experienced riders/tourists for hacks.
- First Aid/Equine first Aid.
- Long reining.
- Loose schooling.
- Show jumping.
- Flat work.
- Yard work (mucking out, muck heap, tractor driving, sweeping, pressure washing, tack cleaning, arena raking, etc.)
- Handling and caring of young stallions.
- Young horses
- Riding over fences
- General yard duties
- Flat work
- Equine/Human first aid
- Care of competition horses
- Working under pressure
- Decision Making
Strengths and Weaknesses
I absolutely love horses, they are umpredictable and every day there’s likely to be something different going on. I enjoy riding them, not necessarily just at high level training/competition, being able to go out on hacks is my fauvorite.
The fact that there is a lot of discipline in doing things in this industry really suits me. I am a person who likes to be organised and have everything nice and tidy. And working with horses helps me in a way that everything in a yard has its own place and every day it needs to be a cleaned, tidy and organised (muck out, sweep, tack cleaning, bale stacking, paperwork, etc.)
I am always willing to improve and learn new skills and expand my knowlendge.
One of the things that I am working on at the moment is my dressage skills. I would really like to be able to advance with my riding skills. I have done a lt of jumping in my life but haven’t done a lot of dressage or cross country. Eventing is one of the disciplines that really interests me. Unfortunately because of where I grew up I wasn’t able to do any cross country and eventing wasn’t very popular. So that is one of the things I deffinetely want to try and improve my skills on.
I would love to improve my handling of stalions and expand knowlendge and ability of training of young horses.
I am a reliable, hard working person and I am the type that will not be able to leave for the day unless everything that needed doing at the yard and with the horses has been done and sorted.
I am very confident when it comes to horses and very keen in learning new skills and gaining new experiences. I am happy doing yard work, paperwork, farm work or ridden work. I can adapt to the job roles very easily and I have experience in all of those sectors.
I can make important decisions on my own such as when the vet would need calling. Although I always let my boss/superior know of my thoughts before making the move unless told otherwise.
I’ve got a driving license and I am looking in to getting my HGV license.
I consider myself to be fit for the job. I like to exercise 3/4 times a week to keep me going and to try and prevent getting injured.
National Minimim Wage would be the minimum amount I would like to earn.
Preferably accommodation would be needed to start but once earned enough money I would look at the possibility of getting my own place if the chance is given.
I have a 1 year old Female Border Collie Mix and a 9 month old male Ibizan Hound that will both be spayed/neutered when possible. They are both potty trained and used to living indoors and with other cats and dogs. They are both well behaved off and on the leash and both are very used to being around horses and farm machinery as they come to work with me sometimes.
I am currently studying a semi-presential Equine Veterinary Assistant Technician course and would have to travel to an exam centre to undertake my exams. This would only take 2 days (including travelling) that I would take from my holidays. At the moment no exams are being undertaken because of COVID-19 so my course is on pause until everything is open and running again.