- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 17th July 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Dorset, UK, Somerset, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 2nd August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have owned horses since the age of ten and ridden long before i could walk. I have kept my horses on varies types of livery yards over the years and then when i was 16 i attended Bridgwater College and completed a National Diploma in Animal Management. After this i enrolled in a course at Bicton college where i completed a Foundation Degree in Equine Studies. Over the period of my education i did work experience at a variety of places such as vets, studs, riding schools and worked as a freelance groom. I was then offered a job working at a riding school as a weekend head groom and then moved on to another job as a head girl on a small family yard and on the side took up a position as an instructor for children and beginners.
I am good at organisation and time management and i work well within a team or as sole charge. Most of my experience has been in showing, hunting and dressage with my own horses so i am able to turnout to a high standard. I have been out of working in the equine industry for a few years now and this has enabled me to grow my admin, business, sales and communication skills as i have worked in customer service, veterinary sales and now manage a small vet practice currently but i miss working with horses so i am looking for the right role.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I enjoy working outside in the countryside surrounded by horses and animals. I love learning new things along the way and improving myself as a person, rider and worker.
I am hard working, honest and reliable. I bring a lot of experience and strengths to the role.
I would like to work with horses again after a few years out, i still own my own but i miss working with them. I am looking for a varied and challenging role.
If it is a live in position and my current livery yard is too far i would love to option to bring my horse. I do also have a well behaved dog but he can continue to stay with my parents if needed.