- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 5th May 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 9th December 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period I will need to give a 2 weeks notice
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, College, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I went to collage to do pre-farriery in 2016 i passed the course but was unable to find an apprenticeship.
I first started working with horses when i was 13 just cleaning them out and bringing them in a started to learn to ride to a basic level.
The second job got i was looking after 3 trotter from the beginning of training season in February to the end of racing in September i held this job for 2-3 years. i left when i went to collage.I was in charge from morning feed to last checks at 11pm. At this point my horse knowledge really improved and i got in to a nice routine and learnt to sort all types of health problems and to change there food throughout a race season.
In my second year at this job i broke in 1 horse to ride from harness and even had to exercise her to get fit for the harness racing as well as got the chance to drive her thought out the race season. I also started doing other work when i was in this role. i helped exercise an eventer and two race horse. i didn’t stay at the job long mind.
when i was on work experience in new market it got me handling a lot of different types of horses from foals tb to heavy shire horses and fit excitable race horses.
I have got experience of handling young horse as i have had two foals myself which i handled from slightly handled. They are currently rising two and have both be long-reining and lunging they have been turned away to mature.
I also have broke in my rising 5 year old to harness and she has been slightly raced last year racing but due to covid hadn’t this year, I am currently bringing her on under saddle . I also rescued a 6 year old Arab x from an abusive home. I got her confidence back over 6 months as you could not get anywhere near her and got her back riding.
I went to Ireland for a month and work on a tb stud yard but due to family commitments I had to return home.
I have reasonly left a yard job at a racing yard so I am confident in handling excitable fit horse and use to a busy yard setting. I was at this job for 8 months.
I am good at working alone and in a small team
I am confident to handle even the most of naughtiest of horse and people have said i have a calming and caring nature
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I am caring and patient with animals like humans they are all different.
I am not the best if rider as i haven’t had many lessons but want to learn and have got the confidences to ride any horse once i have handle them a little.
I am very work driven and do everything to the best of my ability but not take to long to do thing.
I am very willing to learn new way of doing thing.
I am very badly dyslexic but i still achieved my c in English.
I am not good at turning a horse to a showing standard as i haven’t needed to plait i also have never try to clip and horse before.
• I would love to improve my knowledge in all different areas from riding to general yard duties and turn horses out to a showing standard.
• I may not be the best candidate but horses are my passion and i will do everything to get up to the standard required as fast as possible as i am a fast learner.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to get more experience in all areas
• Do you need accommodation?
I don’t need accommodation if near by but it would be easier if there was.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
If i could i would love to bring my rising 3 year old trotter.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently employed full time in a racing yard so I would need 2 weeks notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I don’t take many holidays were i am unreachable