- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 14th September 2017
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Family Yard, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Riding School, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, exercisehack-out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, pull-manetail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Student/Groom 09/2013 to 12/2015
Chibley Farm Stud & Equestrian Centre Shillington, Hertfordshire
From Sept 2013-Jun 2014, worked towards & passed my level 2 Diploma in Horse Care. My units included lunging, long reining, bandaging, preparing a horse for transport, loading & unloading, day to day care of competition horses, as well as general horse care, such as mucking out, turning out, feeding and watering. All of my units involved a practical assessment and knowledge and understanding questions. From Jun 2014- Dec 2015, I had worked as a groom. My tasks included mucking out, poo picking, feeding & watering, turn outs and bring ins, tacking up, grooming, sweeping & tidying the yard, dealing with riding school clients whether it’s on the phone or face to face. Assisted with lessons and ‘pony days’. I cared for riding school horses, as well as show jumpers.
Volunteer 10/2011 to 06/2012
Digswell Place Riding for the Disabled Association Welwyn Garden City, Herts
Assisted with riding lessons, by helping with mounting and dismounting, and leading the horse. Grooming, tacking up and untacking.
I loaned and owned horses and ponies from the age of 13 until I was 17, and went to shows occasionally, so I have personal experience with horses as well as practical. I have been riding on and off for a few years, but I have recently started weekly riding lessons so I am planning to improve my riding experience so that it is on par with my horse care experience.
Working alone, working with others, plaiting, turning out for shows, trim/pull, lunging, long reining, working with children, working with the disabled, tail/leg bandaging, riding- schooling or hacking.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- I enjoy working with horses as they are a lifelong passion of mine, so to be able to turn this passion into a successful career is more than ideal. I also enjoy being out in the open, regardless of what the English weather throws at me! Working in other industries has confirmed to me that I am best suited to working within the equestrian industry, and it is what I enjoy above all else.
- I would love the opportunity to work on my riding skills, and to further improve my show turnout skills. An opportunity to complete my NVQ Level 3 in Horse Care would be ideal but not essential.
- Accommodation is highly desirable but not absolutely essential
- I don’t have any ongoing commitments but my current employers need a month’s notice prior to me leaving.
- I currently only have the 30th October- 1st November