- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 28th July 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 15th January 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term yes
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Foaling, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
4TH Apr-25th Aug 18- Foreman/Stud Groom | GODOLPHIN | Lexington, Kentucky, USA
- Excellent organizational skill. Managed barn-20 fillies. Implemented different feed preparation, treatments/bandages prepared outside stables, changed layout of stock in my section and kept notes of stock used in separate barns to plan for future orders. Used initiative to keep additional resources in the event any other barn ran low.
- Improved stock control for the farm by labelling and organized grouping to ensure access and visualizable.
- Able to work positively in a team member, confident delegating tasks to ensure smooth running of my section e.g. show/sales preparation/parades of colts & fillies for management/ clients.
26TH Jun-15th Dec 17- ASSISTANT/STUD GROOM | GODOLPHIN |Woodlands-Denman, NSW, AU
- Trusted member of staff responsible for care of pregnant mares, foaling down and aftercare, in addition stood in as supervising foaling manager every 2nd weekend and when busy/away.
- Competent with first aid, bandaging foals and aiding with vet and farrier work.
FREELANCE SALES | AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, IRELAND
- Worked as a freelance leader at a range of sales including Melbourne Ready to Run Inglis-Godolphin Australia (29th-Sep-5th Oct 17).
- Able to build a positive working relationship with a range of clients quickly and received positive feedback from all clients.
- Demonstrated initiative by confidently using client connections to secure future work or contacting perspective clients to organize an efficient work schedule.
- Expanded on equine knowledge, communication skills, responsibility and adaptability by attending sales with new clients and horses throughout Australia.
29th-Mar-8th May 17- STABLEHAND | GAI WATERHOUSE RACING |Kensington, NSW, AU
- Responsible for all care of 4 horses and communication with owners about training/racing performance.
- Organized, educated and trained new stable hands in all facets of the work.
- Arranged the preparation of horses trialing/ racing or swimming in the sea.
- Organized and tacked horses for daily exercise on the track which required a motivated self-starter with excellent work ethic that can work under stressful conditions.
15TH Feb 16-13TH Mar 17- FOALING HAND/STUD GROOM | GODOLPHIN | KILDANGAN STUD, MONASTERVIN, CO. KILDARE, IRE
- Adaptable confident horse handler e.g. foaling unit, walk in barn, weaning, yearlings.
- Trusted to check pregnant mares/mares & foal for any abnormalities/ changes on behavior or in their bag.
- Responsible for administering medication/treatments, preparation for covering or departing and ensuring horses arriving have all documentation and writing up required information for barn / office records.
- Improved organization in certain yards by grouping, cleaning and moving older equipment not in use.
April 16-March 17-INSTRUCTOR | KILL INTERNATIONAL EQUESTRIAN CENTRE | CO. KILDARE, IRE
- Confident communicator with all ages and levels. Many riders followed once I moved location which implies an excellent rapport.
- Developed riders by assessing and setting a realistic goal to motivate and improve them over a set time.
9TH August 15-1ST Feb 16-ASSISTANT/STUD HAND | COOLMORE STUD | JERRYS PLAINS, NSW, AU
- Managed the unit every 2nd weekend and when the manager was busy/away.
- Improved stock control, treatment placing and records by better organization in the office.
- Organized bedding, feed and vehicle preparation each evening to ensure smooth running of the section.
- Worked as part of a team to organize routine vet work, mare checks, quarantine and horses leaving daily.
1st Feb 15-12th Jun 15- ASSISTANT/STUD HAND | COOLMORE STUD | FETHARD, CO. TIPPERARY, IRE
- Enhanced time management by ensuring bedding and feed preparation was completed each evening.
- Reorganized tack, rugs and medication for ease of access and stock control.
- Motivated team members to be more organized to reduce time wastage.
1ST Sep-1st Feb/ 13th Jun-11th Aug 15-INSTRUCTOR | BERGIN EQUINE | Newcastle Middle, Co. Wicklow, IRE
- Responsible of the yard/premises for a 4-day period-care of all animals, lessons, premises.
- Organized and instructed lessons, hacks and programmers for different capabilities.
Additional experience includes instructing with a variety of employers, competition groom and receptionist work (2009-2013).
reliable, responsible, adaptable, hardworking, honest,
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Further learning with an aspect I haven’t done yet.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?