- Age 52 years
- Date of Birth 15th November 1968
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st October 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks at current job
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Head Person, Manager, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Highly skilled Horse Rider and Trainer who has extensive experience of working with Top class Competition horses including Stallions, is extremely knowledgeable of horse health, behaviour and training identifying physical injuries and ailments. A dedicated horse riding instructor, having trained riders up to Prix St George’s. Excellent Yard Management skills. Full Clean Driving Licence qualified C1 Test.Involved with International and Olympic horse care and training for most of my career, successfully competed Regionally and Nationally in Dressage up to Prix St George,Showjumping 1.30m and Eventing at intermediate level.Gained BHSI.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses have been my passion since I can remember.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Developing my eye further for noticing subtle gait and body pattern abnormalities.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am personable, experienced and love horses.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Full or part time Yard Manager. Training horses and riders.
• Do you need accommodation?
Not necessarily, depending on the area.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Small cross breed dog.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Some but can be flexible.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Yes 1/9/19 – 8/9/19