- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 12th December 1999
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hertfordshire, UK, Kent, UK, London, Surrey, UK
- Job Category Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 20th June 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Now - TBC
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding School, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Have owned horses for 7 years, worked as a groom at the 4 Gaits Riding School over 2017/18 and have cared for a number of friends horses when they were unable to due to illness/work commitments.
Trained my own horse from a just broken 4year old up to novice/elementary dressage/ BE90
I have completed my BHS Stage 1
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Happy to work alone and as part of a team as this was required at my previous groom job. I am able to clip relatively well behaved horses but do not have any experience clipping difficult horses, and I also understand how to turn out horses for shows including plaiting and fitting studs if required. Although I have not handled any stallions I have experience of handling a number of different horses including difficult ones. I have ridden a variety of horses including youngsters and I am happy to have a go at riding anything. Although I am capable of lunging (including using a Pessoa) I have no previous experience with long reining.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I most enjoy the satisfaction at the end of the day knowing all the horses are happy and fed, and also the long term achievements of seeing horses (especially young horses) progress in their training.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve the scope of my skills, including learning how to long rein; lunge, clip and handle many different horses so I am able to adapt to any situation.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I always put the horses needs above my own and am always enthusiastic to carry out any task required.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to gain further experience working with a variety of different horses to improve my confidence in any situation I may come across in the future.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation would be preferable if travel is greater than 20miles one way
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently furloughed from my current job.