- Age 33 years
- Date of Birth 12th November 1985
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 6th June 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Available now
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Foaling, Hunting, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Sole charge, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Riding since I was 5 years old.
Showjumped local shows as a teenager on a novice pony – never came home without a rosette – qualified Trailblazers by winning local class (in Trailblazers 2nd year running). Finished 6th in final.
Went into racing as a 17yo, had a point to pointer on free loan.
Worked in top racing yards such as Henrietta Knight, Henry Candy, Barry Hills, Charlie Hills, Emma Lavelle, Oliver Sherwood.
I had lessons as a young child with Yogi Briesner when he first came over to England.
I still ride racehorses, but have lost a bit of confidence. Honesty is the best policy!
– I’m currently looking for a career change, after working with racehorses most of the last 16 years.
– I’ve no ties to keep me in England and am happy to move!
– I’ve ridden/ worked with racehorses since I left Sixth Form, working my way up the career ladder to travelling head girl most recently for an up and coming Flat racing yard.
– I’ve plenty of experience having sole charge (on a weekend) of up to 60 racehorses (usual head person duties; checking legs, attending to minor injuries, calling vets as required for major problems/ injuries and knowing when to do so, feeding and adjusting feed, checking racing tack, making notes for carriers etc). And I’ve travelled horses around the UK both in charge as a travelling head groom and as a stable groom, to race meetings, sales, studs, vets, or simply to go home.
– I take pride in doing the job to the best of my ability, and am happy doing odd jobs as required.
– Have NVQ3 in Racehorse Care and Management.
– Can work alone or with others.
– Capable of sole charge, have done this with up to 60+ racehorses.
– Can drive a 2 box, and have done around the UK.
– Won Best Turned Out award ’17/’18 NH season with over 25 turnouts won at the races.
– Can plait manes, but NOT tails
– Punctual, and usually a little early.
– Have clipped, but not for a few years.
– Great at record keeping, have done medical book for racehorses 2013/2015.
– Enjoy working with vets and physiotherapists to learn more about horses.
– Have also done Social Media management, and Customer Service whilst out of racing (2015 – 2017).
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I love the different characters each horse has, and learning how to deal with different horses in different ways.
• I love to learn and work with people that know what they are doing; vets and physiotherapists especially.
• I like to get on and do my job, as long as the job is clearly communicated and I know what is expected of my role and where I fit in.
I have a dry sense of humour 🙂
• I would consider a job out of racing and also in Europe. I’d still like to ride, and am happy to move
• I would need accommodation.
I would be looking for a wage starting on £420 as an experienced senior member of staff.
Available from early June