- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 3rd April 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period none
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Groom on hunter hireling and sales yard – Leicestershire hunter hirelings – (December 2017 – October 2018)
· Completed 10 months work on a hunter hireling and sales yard with over 50 horses and ponies
· I had to make sure each horse was turned out to a high standard on days of hunting ready for the clients to help the business keep a good reputation and standard
· This was a live in job and my first time away from home properly. This meant I had to learn to be self sufficient and independent to make sure I was looked after and I had everything I needed
· My jobs included general yard jobs – fetching in/turning out, mucking out, feeding, washing and grooming horses
· I also had to exercise the horses by riding, lungeing, pessoa-ing, free schooling, loose jumping. Most of the horses were very green due to coming over from Ireland and mainly only hunted. This meant the horses needed re teaching the basics and being schooled and taught how to work and being schooled correctly
I was able to go out hunting and to hound exercises on a couple of occasions
Riding and Pony Club Center
· Helped inexperienced riders with daily running of center and teaching basic stable skills, and assisted to teach less experienced riders.
· Took care of the horse, including managing food and cleaning of over 35 horses. I took responsibility for cleaning the horses tacks
· Helped run and organise the riding school yard on a Sunday (one of the busiest days of the week)
· Managed the yard in the early morning without supervision or instructions, including opening up the yard, and normal morning routine- fetching in, mucking out, washing and grooming horses)
· Being able to follow the disciplines of a busy farming environment
Freelance groom (part time) – Northampton – (2016 – continuous)
· I work part time as a freelance groom looking after and grooming peoples horses
· Being freelance I have to work out my taxes
· I also have to write out all my individual invoices for the work I have completed
· I have to be able to manage myself well in order to plan and organise everything and make sure it fits into my schedule
sole charge/head groom of private showjumping yard (full time) – Nottingham
· sole charge and head groom of young part timers.
· handling stallions and helping break youngsters
· training and teaching complete beginners how to work with the animals and how to do the jobs
· ensure the care of all the animal (other exotic animals I cared for) and the horses are to the highest standards
· I am responsible for making sure all horses are well, fit and healthy and nothing is wrong or abnormal. and to take action if this is not the case
· I have to manage my days and week to make sure all required jobs are fitted in and completed
· I have to organise farrier and feed deliveries etc.
I am a very keen and fast learner and always want to learn new things. I am capable of working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, pulling/trimming, I able to use my initiative well
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the environment and I love animals so I love being around the horses. I like that in the equine industry there’s always more to learn and different ways to do things
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
everything, I always believe you can learn more and learn a better way to do something. I’d like to improve all of my current knowledge and learn more
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very relaxed employee and take pride in my work and I am keen to do what I can to improve. I have experience in different areas and wish to expand that in any direction. And I am very capable at working off my own initiative
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like the opportunity to improve my riding and possibly compete in any area
• Do you need accommodation?
yes accommodation for me and potentially my partner
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I wish to bring one dog who is well behaved, completely house trained and used to being around horses.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?