- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, East Sussex, UK, Greater London, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Hampshire, UK, Kent, UK, London, Middlesex, UK, Suffolk, UK, Surrey, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 25th September 2017
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period One Month, may be shorter depending on role.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level groomrider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills backbreak, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, exercisehack-out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, pull-manetail, Ride, ridertrainer, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I see myself as a very hands on person always wanting to achieve the best that I can. I have very high standards and show these wherever I go. I am an approachable, friendly person that finds it very easy to start up conversation with anyone and also adaptable to new surrounding without any hesitation.
I have been in the saddle since a young age and have worked in a variety of yards ranging from riding schools to dealing. At one stage I had my own yard and after a great success in running that I decided to hand it over to my financial backers and take a career break.
I have worked with a variety of horses all ranging in temperament and ability, picking up great knowledge and skills along the way. I particularly like working with youngsters in starting off their career from breaking in to schooling on further up until point of sale.
Currently I am managing a 60 box livery yard with a variety of horses and riders and organising the daily work load of a team of five grooms as well as the daily schedule of each horse. On top of this I also liase with feed suppliers, vets, physios and such like to guarantee the care of all horses is in tip top condition and that the yard runs smoothly.
I’ve ridden in a number of places for various reasons to either school horses on or to just exercise. My main passion being dressage. I like to keep busy and often have a ‘project’ going on. This time round i have a young TB who has not long been off the track which i hope to retrain and sell on.
I currently have my stage 1 and riding and road safety. I never proceeded to carry on with my BHS stages as teaching was not the path I wanted to go down. However I have picked up lots of experience from working on other yards and do have a small client base that i teach and ride for.
I’ve mainly competed at dressage prelim and novice level however have competed unaffiliated show jumping, cross country and taken part in various one day events. I also hunt frequently come the season, something i very much enjoy doing.
As it stands i have no pre booked holidays or events coming up where id need to take time off work . Depending on the location of the job i might need accommodation, i am very flexible an open to change so would be very willing to relocate as have no strong ties. My only true commitment at the moment in my four year old pug who travels everywhere with me. She is very well trained and likes to sleep rather than being on the yard with me so never an issue.