- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 20th August 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Hampshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 23rd August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Riding Instructor, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 13.5st / 85.7kg / 89lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Livery, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience and Qualifications
13 years experience within the equine industry. Majority of work has been within BHS and ABRS approved riding schools and livery yards. Duties including teaching, all usual yard duties, customer service, office administration and riding/schooling. I spent 10 years at an ABRS riding school, 4 months working at a BHS riding school in London escorting private and group hacks through Richmond Park every day, and just over 2 months working as a Summer Camp Co-Ordinator at The Talland School of Equitation between my studies.
Most recently, I had the opportunity to work as a Teaching Assistant within the HE Equine department at Hartpury University, alongside my masters degree. This role included various tasks such as health and safety work placement visits, running practical sessions on the yard, running revision sessions for level 4 to level 6 students, marking level 3 exams and assessments, overseeing students on the yard and general department administration. This job role also gave me the opportunity to add my editorial contribution to an academic paper, which has been accepted for publication.
In addition, I have worked in several retail roles in the past and therefore I have excellent customer service skills, references can also be provided for these roles. I also have a Level 3 qualification in digital media and marketing, and so I can add some extra value to your business if you would like someone to take on the role of social media/marketing assistant alongside any job.
I have also benefited from the opportunity to present my masters dissertation at the online Equine Student Conference this year. My dissertation looked at understanding of rider:horse bodyweight ratio trends, weight management practices and rider weight perceptions within leisure and amateur riders in the UK.
MRes Equestrian Performance
BA(Hons) Equine Business Management
BHS Stage 1 in Complete Horsemanship
ABRS Stable Management Tests 1-5
ABRS Equitation Tests 1-5
ILM Award in Level 2 Leadership and Management
Recent enhanced DBS check (June 2019)
Emergency First Aid at Work (July 2018 – valid for 3 years)
Safeguarding and Protecting Children (June 2019)
Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
- All usual yard duties
- Working alone
- Working with others
- Exercising and schooling riding school horses
- Event Management
- Working with children
Strengths and Weaknesses
My area of expertise lies within riding school and livery yard environments and I aim to create the best experience and service for the customer, hoping to make a difference within the equine industry. My main interests lie within dressage, however happy to learn the ropes of showjumping, eventing or polo if needs be.
I am currently working my way through the BHS Coaching Pathway and aim to do my Stage 2 after COVID 19. I have lacked training opportunities in plaiting and clipping however, I learn really quickly and would pick this up straight away.
Employers should consider me above other job-seekers as I am very passionate about driving businesses forward and I would love to make a significant contribution to the legacy of equestrian sports.
- I have been there done that as a groom or rider at riding schools and after studying hard for my degrees, I hope to take on a role that offers progression in the future. I am more than happy to take on a grooms job at a yard but the salary must reflect my qualifications and experience, and offer training towards BHS Stages. On the contrary, I would take on a National Minimum Wage paid job if the job included accommodation.
- Accommodation (where visitors are welcomed) would be ideal but not an immediate requirement if the role is paid above NMW and is offering 40 hours per week.
- Ideally would like a job in the south west/south of England but would consider elsewhere for my most ideal job role.