- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 6th August 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 5th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have owned horses since I was 13 (although I started riding when I was 3) and in the last fiveyears I have set my focus on Dressage. For the last 3 years I have worked for an International Dressage Rider Gareth Hughes and his wife, Rebecca Hughes, as a working pupil on their yard with over 20 horses. The role covers all aspects of working on a professional dresage yard from mucking out to riding.
I am now looking for the next step in my career as a Rider/Groom so that I can gain more experience of schooling and competing different horses.
I am currently competing my mare at Medium level and was Regional Champion at Medium Freestyle and Reserve Regional Champion at the Addington Winter Regionals in January 2019 allowing me to compete at my first Winter Championships. At home we are working at Advanced Medium level and schooling through the PSG lines.
I can plait, clip, tack up and have a good knowledge of horse first aid. I love being able to present a horse for a show and getting them looking a million dollars.
I can lunge, hack, school, carry out rehab work and have experience of handling stallions and dealing with sharp/naughty/spooky horses.
I have experience of assisting Vets, Farriers, Dentists and Physios and take a real interest in learning from them.
I enjoying being part of team but also have been left in sole charge of a yard of 20 top competition horses on a regular basis, which involves managing the rest of the team.
With my own mare I have competed up to Medium and am working at Advanced Medium at home, but I have ridden horses of a higher level, many of Gareth’s Grand Prix horses doing lines of changes and piaffe and passage. I have dealt with a top competition stallion and younger horses that come for training.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I think the important thing is that I really love horses and the fact that I can work with them everyday is something I’m very lucky to be able to do. I enjoy getting to know their individual personalities and seeing them progress on the ground and under saddle.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to gain more experience (of different horse and yards) as I feel like you can never know everything and I love to learn new things.
I’d like to improve my riding the most as I would love to get my mare up through the levels.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am really passionate about what I do, I’m a quick learner and I am willing to work really hard to achieve results.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more knowledge and experience as well as progress my riding.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, however depending on location could live out.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to bring my mare with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I would have to give a months notice at my current job but I have no further commitments.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?