- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 25th July 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries Wales, Ireland
- County/State/Region Ireland, Southern Ireland, Wales, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 22nd October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have 22 years riding experience and have spent my whole life around horses. I have worked at various yards in England and in Wales gaining incredibly valuable experience. I am a very professional person with very high standards of work and a great positive attitude to have around. I work brilliantly as a team leader and as a part of a team, always making sure that everyone is happy and smiling whilst getting all daily tasks done efficiently. I am experienced with driving 3.5T lorries, however I don’t have a HGV license.
My areas of expertise are;
Yard management, people skills, professionalism, organisation, time-keeping, reliability, general yard duties, training of apprentices, teaching , schooling – flatwork, schooling – over fences, pole work, hunting, show jumping, cross country schooling, dressage, backing/breaking/starting for young stock and assisting with vet/chiropractor/dentist appointments.
- Riding – Soft, confident and experienced on the flat and over fences.
- Driving license – Full and clean.
- Fully insured to ride and handle horses at home and away from home.
- Drive 3.5T Horsebox
- Equine First-Aid
- Sole Charge
- People Skills
- Long Reining
- Handling/riding young horses
- Handling Stallions
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
What I love most about working with horses is that no two days are the same, it keeps me on my toes and always striving to better myself and the horses each day.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My passion is Eventing, I am currently competing my own horse and I am always looking to gain more experience in the sport, wherever I can.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am such an honest and hard worker, I love getting stuck in and seeing positive change. I’m very efficient and just love to crack on with the day. I adore horses and I have 4 of my own, so I treat all horses I work with exactly as I would treat my own.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’m always looking to gain more experience, it’s so important to keep learning new things so you can be the best you can be. I would really like to work somewhere that is professional and busy yet fun. I’m a very cheerful and proactive person and I enjoy being somewhere that can relate to getting hard work done but having fun whilst doing it.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation is essential.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?