- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 7th September 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cornwall, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 16th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month negotiable
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Reining, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I grew up with my own ponies competing with Pony Club in Showjumping and Grassroots teams, and hunting with the BSV. After studying Human Biology at University, I returned to working with horses at training yards gaining my Stage 3 Care, Stage 2 Ride and PTT before taking an Instructor role at a riding school/livery yard where I progressed to Assistant Manager. Since then have worked on a rehabilitation yard bringing injured horses back into work and am currently working on a private family hunting yard.
I’m competent in all aspects of day to day yard work including;
Exercise inc. Schooling on Flat and over jumps, Canter/fast work, Fittening programmes
Basic yard maintenance/ fencing/ paddock maintenance/ arena maintenance
Can drive a 3.5tonne box and would happily take further tests for larger vehicles/ towing
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoying working outdoors in all weathers and love learning. Working with horses I learn new things every day and spend my free time actively seeking more knowledge be it a new schooling exercise or a different approach to an old problem. I take pride in keeping a clean tidy yard and in designing care and exercise plans for each horse in my care.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I always look to improve my riding any way I can and to increase my knowledge of horse care. I enjoy learning new things and discovering a new or re-discovering an old trick.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am keen and competent and looking for a long term job. I have worked at several yards gaining much experience and many skills, I now wish to put everything I have learned into practice and continue my training
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to find a position where I will be able to use my initiative. I’m bright and able and I like a challenge; something to keep me thinking on my feet. I enjoy working with children, dogs and other animals. I would like a job where, while working predominantly with horses, there’s a bit of variety within my routine. I’d be happy to do odd jobs, maintenance etc.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes – Dog friendly
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a Boxer crossbreed who would need to come with me, he has grown up on yards and is good with horses, livestock and other dogs.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Nothing that doesn’t fit around work
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?