- Age 32 years
- Date of Birth 11th October 1986
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 31st May 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Stud, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I started riding when I was eight and have owned horses from the age of ten. I started working as a competition groom in all disciplines from the age of fourteen, which I did freelance for several years alongside other jobs, as well as backing my first horses at 14. At 15 I started working for a racing yard, assisting with exercising and backing the youngsters. I went to Talland at 18 and spent four months training for my BHS stages 1,2,3 and PTT. From there I moved back to Devon where I oversaw the running of a 12 box livery yard, doing everything from liaising with clients to exercising the hunters. From this time I also started working freelance as an instructor and rider, and have done so for many years since. I then went on to have a small yard of my own where I bought horses to produce and sell, specialising in retraining ex-racehorses. I have worked in a trekking centre on Dartmoor where I was a ride leader, groom, instructor, and backed and produced the ponies. I have worked freelance for a number of years which not only included teaching and riding but also general work on yards, from family yards to dressage, eventing and showjumping yards, also house sitting and pet sitting. I currently work on a dressage yard and stud that breeds Hanoverian dressage horses where I back and produce the young horses.
I am happy working alone or in a team.
I am very knowledgeable in nutrition, first aid, illness and injury, fitness and rehabilitation, tack and fitting and general stable management.
I have a high level of turnout and general working standards.
I am very experienced with youngsters, both groundwork and backing.
I have a lot of experience with competition horses.
I have a lot of experience in pony production for children.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I love working with such gentle animals, you never stop learning. I particularly enjoy the training side, as well as any veterinary issues and enjoy turning horses out to a high standard.
• I would always like to learn more. I would like to have more experience in non practical areas, such as a more people faced role, admin etc.
• I am very experienced in a wide range of disciplines and environments. I have a genuine care for the horses I work with, I have high standards and an eye for details, as well as picking up problems and being able to deal with them. I strive to improve myself and adapt to the needs of the situation.
• I would be interested in many areas, every new situation teaches you something and I am open to something new.
• Accommodation possibly needed depending on area and situation etc.
• I have three horses, while bringing them would be great as long as I can keep them nearby that’s fine.
• 10 days booked freelance work in June.