- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 9th November 2000
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st July 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period none
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding School, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses for 14 years and have loved every minute of it. Due to coming from a non-horsey background I have volunteered at different riding schools and pony clubs from the age of eight to maximise the amount of time I could spend at the yard. From riding schools I have worked at livery/competition yards and stud farms. I also have had riding lessons from the age of 4 and am currently producing my mare who will begin Eventing towards the end of the season. I am very knowledgeable and have a lot of experience working for my age. I am graduating from Hartpury College in June where I will receive a D*D*D* and receive a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management (Equitation).
I am very good at working both individually and as part of a team and am always eager to learn more. I can do all basing grooming duties such as mucking out, bandaging, clipping, plaiting etc. I am also I capable rider and can ride a range of horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Working with horses has always been my goal as I enjoy every minute spent around them. I like the range of work that comes with horses and the element of surprise that arises daily when unexpected things happen.
I would love the opportunity to work as a groom/rider to broaden my knowledge and set me on the path to my career a groom.
I would love to begin work in a place where I can learn more about the industry and use improve on the skills of which I already have.
• Do you need accommodation?
I am currently based in Wombourne, South Staffordshire however will require accommodation if the job requires me to relocate.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one small dog who is very well behaved and has been used as a therapy dog for children with ADHD and anxiety. I would love a job where she could come however, this is not a necessity.
I also have a mare which I would like to join me but again this is not a necessity as I could keep her at a livery yard close by.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have just had corrective jaw surgery so am not able to begin work until the beginning of July.