- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 17th October 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 7th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 14st / 88.9kg / 196lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been involved with horses for over 20 years, working professionally with them for 10 years. I breed, break and produce my own horses, which I compete in a variety of disciplines with, mainly showing.
- I have supervised a yard of 60 plus horses.
- I have worked on a college yard, supervising students, teaching and helping with BHS Exams.
- I have helped with organising BS and BE events as well as demos.
- I have successfully organised and ran a charity dressage event, with no start up finances, making a profit of £350.
- I have worked on livery yards.
- I have done 3 seasons as a hunt groom.
- I have experience of grooming for BS and BE riders.
- I am UKCC Level 1 qualified.
- I am a BHS Int. Stable Manager.
- I have a first class Bachelor of Science with honours degree in Equestrian Performance and Coaching.
- I have a Master of Science in Equine Science (Merit)
- Experience of working with farm animals.
I am currently an Assistant Office Manager for a haulage company, with an in depth understanding of running a business and all admin that comes with it. I have worked in management and customer service, supervising a team. I am willing and able to relocate anywhere in the world.
- Hard working, used to long hours.
- Conscientious in my work.
- Organised and logical with tasks, making the best use of my time.
- Enjoy working with others or alone.
- Very punctual.
- High standard of turnout for different disciplines, mainly hunting.
- Experienced at pulling and plaiting.
- Exercising hunters and riding them for second horses.
- Experienced in fittening performance horses.
- Riding young horses
- Experienced in handling stallions.
- Experienced in handling youngstock from birth to breaking.
- I take an interest in the equine industry and the current research and developments of the sector, especially behaviour and welfare.
- I enjoy carrying out extra qualifications to further myself such as spillers feeding certificate.
- I also have a variety of office and customer service experience.
- I am IT literate.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the satisfaction of seeing a horse improve. Whether it be getting a new unproven, unfit horse turned into a hunter. Or fittening up and unfit unkempt cob to show condition.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to continue to gain experience in different, such as stud management and welfare.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I take a lot of pride in my work. I enjoy what I do which shows in the horses. I am not afraid of hard work.
I am open to using traditional or more modern techniques of horse management. I love to learn and understand things.
I don’t just like to do something because that’s what is done (such as using a certain feed), I like to understand what I’m doing and spend my own time researching different ways to work out what’s best for that horse.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I want to continue learning and progress my career
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I’d like to be able to bring my Jack Russell to work but it’s not essential
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?