- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 3rd August 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK, West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 30th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Classical, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Reining, Show Jumping, Stud, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
From a young age, I have been played an active role in the care of horses. I got my first pony when I was 3 years old and assisted my aunt throughout the years with her stallion, mares and foals. Due to this, I realised I wanted to pursue a career in equine, so I worked towards college education and I have now graduated from being a full-time FdSc degree student in Equine Studies
Since this, I have worked on an eventing yard/full livery yard, doing an online Level 4 in Equine Reproduction and completed the Stud Administration course at the National Stud.
- Independent working
- Time management
- Turnout to a high standard
- Handling youngstock
- Riding youngstock
- Handling stallions
- Administering medication
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I like how every day is different, there is no day that is the same. This makes it more enjoyable because you never know what to expect.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to develop my time management skills further. I am too cautious about completing tasks to the best of my ability that it sometimes takes longer than it should.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a hard-working, capable individual that can work independently or in a team without compromising my work efficiency and quality.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience taking sole charge of a yard and have more responsibility when it came down to administrative work, such as organising farrier and dentist and ordering feed and forage.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes I will.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to bring my 15hh gelding with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I currently have a full time job and I would need to give them at least 4 weeks notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
August 20th – 25th 2021